We confirm that we will keep the information on a secure server and that we will comply fully with all applicable UK and other Data Protection legislation and regulations.
Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this Policy either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can telephone +254 20 428 9000.
How do we collect information from you?
Our team are aware of the importance of handling data safely and securely and understand the procedures we have in place to ensure this happens.
We collect information from you when you complete a form to sign up to receive our Newsletters via our website or our social media pages, when completing a contact form or questionnaire via our website and when you email us or call us on the phone.
We may ask you to confirm that you are happy to receive communications from us and if you would like to be signed up to our newsletter to receive the latest news and offers from GemSuites.
In running and operating our website, we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site.
We collect information relating to website users by using cookies (see details below).
What type of information is collected from you?
The data we collect from you may be classed as ‘personal data’ – information about an individual who can be identified by it.
The information we collect about you might include the following;
- your name
- your address and postcode
- your email address
- your home telephone number / mobile number
- your demographic information such as interests and preferences
- company you work for
- company email address and contact details
- your IP address
- your web browser type and version
- any information regarding what pages on our website are accessed and when
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email and other correspondence.
- Information that you provide as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as a contact form or questionnaire.
- Information you provide when you complete our Newsletter Sign Up Form.
- Information you provide in order to enter a competition or promotion via the website, or other advertising mediums.
- Information you provide if you complete a survey.
- Information you provide when booking a safari
- Indemnity information you provide to us when booking a safari
- Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use our website. This may also include the resources that you access, and information about where you are on the internet including the domain type, IP address and URL that you came from. This information is collected and used for our internal research purposes and to improve our customer service and may be sent to third-party processors for the purposes of data analysis, to improve our marketing efforts and for targeting specific services and products.
The data we may collect;
Your privacy is important to us and we confirm that we will never release your personal data to any third party for their mailing or marketing purposes.
How will we use the data about you?
We may use your information;
- to provide you with information you have requested from us about our products and services
- for processing entries into a competition;
- to seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- to notify you about any changes to our business or website, including improvements, and service or product changes
- to send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
- if you consent, to notify you via our sales and marketing channels (email, telephone or post) of products or special offers that may be of interest to you. You can stop these communications at any time by unsubscribing or contacting us via telephone or in writing (please see ‘How to opt out’ below)
- for our internal purposes including internal record keeping, statistical purposes, quality control, website performance and evaluation, improvements to products and services.
Who has access to your information?
In order to comply with the UK Data Protection Act of 1984 and 1998, we follow procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given to us, to prevent unauthorised access, misuse, alteration or loss of information under our control.
Our security measure may mean that we will require proof of identity before we are able to disclose information to you.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example ground handlers e.g airlines / hotels, PayPal or banks to process payments or Mail Chimp to send you marketing communications). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Whilst we take appropriate measures, both technical and organisational, to safeguard your personal data you provide us, we cannot guarantee that transmissions over the internet are totally secure, therefore the transfer of personal data via the internet is entirely at your own risk.
The transfer of your information outside of Europe
The information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). For example, we sometimes use Facebook (based in the USA) as a platform for marketing. Please find their Data Policy here https://www.facebook.com/policy.php These countries may not have similar data protection laws to Kenya and other regions in which we operate. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing.
Retention of information
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was obtained, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Should you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list we may still hold your personal data on our database to the extent permitted by law.
How do I opt out?
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We may not make contact with you unless you have opted in. If then, you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications from us about our and offers, then you can change your preferences or completely unsubscribe in one of two ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘change preferences’ link at the bottom of marketing emails sent to you
- Email email@example.com or you can telephone +254 20 428 9000 and we will process your request within 7 days
Your ‘right to be forgotten’ and access. You are legally entitled to access, modify, correct, revoke your consent and delete any data we hold relating to you and that you have the legal right to forbid this data being prevented to any third parties. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information GemSuites holds about you at any time. Please use the contact details below if you would like to receive a copy. The accuracy of your information is also important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can telephone +254 20 428 9000
Use of ‘cookies’
To find out more about how to manage cookies through your chosen browser go to allaboutcookies.org
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is stored by your internet browser and transferred to the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. Cookies contain basic information about your internet use, but most Cookies do not identify you personally. Your browser sends these Cookies back to the web sites that you visit every time you visit them, so they can recognise your computer or mobile device. This is done in order to personalise and improve your browsing experience.
These Cookies are necessary to help you access and move around our site and use the services, and all other features. Without these Cookies, functionality of our site would be limited and you would not be able to use some of the services. For example, a Cookie is used to keep you logged in during your visit to our site. We may also use essential Cookies for fraud detection and prevention purposes.
You are not able turn off necessary Cookies. The reason for this is that such Cookies are necessary for our site to function fully, and for you to access and use the content and services.
To the extent that we may allow for advertising on our site, advertising Cookies help to ensure that the advertisements you see on our site are as relevant to you as possible. For example, some advertising Cookies help select advertisements that are relevant to your interests. Others help prevent the same advertisement from continuously reappearing for you.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you were referred to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site